Thursday, May 30, 2013

i haven’t blogged.

Omg. I know. It’s horrible. I’M HORRIBLE!!!! FIRE ME!!!

You can’t haha I don’t have a job ha haaaaaa.

Really, though. I’m sorry. I’m the worst and I really meant to keep blogging but now I’m here in the big apple and I’m IN THE THICK of the rat race. (Legit. Rats. Like, lots of them all over the place not just under the subway platform but also on the top part of it where the humans are and also late night on the street. I chased one. They are fast.)

Also I feel like things aren’t as wild and different here as they were in Amsterdam. Less material to blog about. But, I mean, actually, that’s the ironic part: there’s a ton of stuff that happens here. There is actually too much stuff that happens here. It’s a pro and a con.

(You’ll notice the name change. No longer an international tay, sadly.)

Oh and coming off of my 24th birthday resolution with an update: I’ve kept it up. That wasn’t just a burst of inspiration and happy thoughts. It was real life, and it was REALLY time to do that. I’ll reiterate by saying if something makes you miserably, self-loathingly unhappy: kick it to the z-ing curb.

Don’t keep the trash around. It’s only going to hurt you.

Back to NYC. A lot of stuff happens. A lot of stuff is happening all of the time but the problem is that I never see it. My schedule here is wild. I work 9-6 at the earliest. Then I have two 3 hour night classes on Monday and Wednesdays. I 100000% knew the schedule I was signing up for when I decided to come here…but it doesn’t make it any easier.

So, instead of adventuring around Manhattan and trying new restaurants and dancing in various unknown and very known expensive clubs, I mostly work. And then work some more and then I go home and I think about work and I sometimes eat and sleep.

I send and receive roughly 1 trillion emails a day.

I’ve had a lot less wine these days. I could cry thinking about it.

But I do see some things. It’s mostly weird stuff. Like there’s so many people here that A LOT OF THEM ARE REALLY Z-ING WEIRD OKAY!!!! Not to mention that seeing drug deals is pretty much the norm here. Although, I also lived in Miami so I’ve seen a lot of weird stuff like that too. But man, the people here are good at drug deals!! I saw one at 10am! I’m just impressed by that! Way to greet the day guys! It was also a smooth hand off. But, I mean, I saw it so it wasn’t thaaaatttttt smooth but then I immediately looked away so I didn’t get stabbed or something.

By the way I’m convinced at every moment and every second that someone is going to push me in front of the subway. This I 100% contribute to watching too much Law and Order and other crime shows. Nevertheless, I stand like 5 feet back from the tracks and I think all of you should too.

Oh and then being in the subway car is probably one of my least favorite things in the world. Hi strangers, welcome to every single part of my body. Yes, nice to meet yours too. Let’s squish together and make sure to breathe audibly out of your mouth.

Or my favorite when I get in but everyone is blocking the bars so I can’t hold on to anything so I somehow try to hold on to the flat ceiling slash use pure will in an attempt to stay standing up straight.

Then when we get out. My favorite part is when people start moving towards the doors before we’ve even stopped and they’re trying to get past me and I’m like IM GETTING OFF TOO WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO GO??

Then we all get off and stomp up the stairs like stormtroopers.

Oh also this is all assuming that the subway train has even come because sometimes it likes to not. Police investigation means someone jumped/was pushed. Probably pushed. I BET YOU PUSHED!

By the way the reason I say I sometimes eat is because it’s nearly impossible to go grocery shopping here. There is a line to get into Trader Joes, and then a line that wraps around the entire store once you’re in it. It’s anxiety producing, and in my old age I have developed a heightened sense of immediate anxiety.

So I mostly order in. I’ve literally never ordered in more than I have in these last 8 weeks. (Sorry Mom and Dad and my Credit Card.) I also blame this on my roommate Trevor who might single handedly be keeping Seamless in business.

But the food is pretty good. Not gonna lie about that.

Also notable is that I can get my eyebrows done for 7 dollars here it is both wonderful and terrifying.

It’s also really z-ing big here. Like how is it that my friends can technically live in the same city as me but it takes me 45min-1hr to get there? That’s something I just can’t deal with/accept/not complain about.

Oh and I THINK I had a celebrity sighting. No, it wasn’t Amanda Bynes I WISH!!!!!! I’m pretty sure I saw Jeff Goldblum and I’m even more sure it was him because I looked at him and obviously made a face of recognition and he looked me in the eyes and he shook his head no as if to say “don’t do this.”

So I didn’t.

I think it was him.

But yah, I work a lot. And I really like my work. I really like my agency, JWT. It’s a place I could definitely see myself. I really like the fact that on Thursdays the agency gives a free keg of beer to everyone. This happens in the bar that’s in here.

Yes. There’s a real live bar in here. It’s pretty sweet.

But, alas, the biggest problem with me being here is that it makes me a bitch. It makes me a really big bitch and I hope to get into that in my next post entitled “NYC makes me a (bigger) bitch.”

Get excited. I’ll write it soon. I promise.

But, okay. It’s Thursday.

I have to go drink beer.

xo tay





No comments:

Post a Comment