Thursday, February 28, 2013

i'm the worst.


I’M THE WORST! It’s been an eon. A full on eon since I last wrote in here. Valentines day to be EXACT and I hope that everyone took my advice and had a great time.

My roommate and valentine Dani and I made a lovely din with crazy Amsterdam theme shaped pastas with some meat sauce and salad and taste tested a big thing of valentines chocolates (I prefer the American ones) and watched like 4 hours of Parenthood and drank a bunch of wine. Now if that isn’t an ideal situation I am unsure what is.

P.S If you don’t watch Parenthood you don’t know what you’re missing. Log into Netflix and start watching right now. Amazing show.

Otherwise, we have been absolutely swamped with stuff at the agency. All of us have our sights on some awards briefs…so it has been a constant flow of ideas. (Some good…some shitty.) Being a creative can be incredibly hard. I have a whole blog post on that I will do one day soon. But I’ve been coming home and slowly dying and going to bed and have had no time to write to you all. And isn’t that just the wurst.

 AHAHAAHA. Wursts.

On the weekends we have been AGGRESSIVELY exploring Amsterdam. I am very happy to have Melissa Kern in my life because she is the one planning this stuff and telling me I have to be in a certain place at a certain time. (She always suggests 10 am and I rally for 11am. It’s early guys. IT’S EARLY!!!!!) This b needs to sleep. And that's primarily what I would be doing this entire time here if it weren't for her.

So we’ve been going to museums. To markets. To shows. To different countries. (Belgium) and it has been very exhausting and GREAT. Really. I promise I will detail them more.

I’ve also been struggling with the themes to discuss here in my blog. I’ve had a couple on my mind: portions in Europe (teeny,) mean people, being a creative when you don’t have any ideas and might die or your head might explode, how Amsterdam is above the law. The psychology of the Bachelor (with no medical evidence.) Why I love Stroopwafels. How I already miss Amsterdam and I haven’t left. And will my blog live on after my travels??????? When international tay is no longer international??

And I’m gonna get to them. I promise. If you have any favorites let me know.

But first I have to go to Paris.

Our crew from our Miami Ad quarter is pretty tight knit. We have kind of been traveling in packs for our QA. A big chunk of us are in Europe right now, scattered all over. Two of the larger groups are in Amsterdam and Paris…so the AMS crew is headed to the city of love this weekend. I WISH EVERYONE COULD BE THERE!! But I know it’s going to be a great time.

I decided to wait on my “mean people” post until I went to Paris because if the rumors are true and past experiences are relived then………I think I’m gonna have some material.

But watch out PAIR-EE (phonetic) because this American girl who has an American flag sweater and saw some boots that are kind of patriotic that I literally might buy is COMING TO YOUR CITY. (I have worn the sweater in public in Europe only once.)

Also I’ve been sick. It finally happened. A cold attacked. I’ve looked like a piece of garbage. This sounds dramatic but its true. First off, I’m pale as z. It’s terrible. Then, it’s so dang cold all the time and my skin dries out and then the corners of my lips crack and then BAM!!!! I’M THE JOKER!!!! WHY SO SERIOUS!!!!!!!!



Oh and I should also probably talk about this situation:


We went on a wild night on the town. Had a lot of dranks. Did a lot of dancing. Lost the boys and then found them shortly after with painted faces?? Two girls from Ireland had set up shop and were painting faces in the corner. It made absolutely no sense but we all did it and the girls got promptly and kind of unnecessarily forcibly kicked out.

I slept in it. I hate myself.

Anyways, exciting stuff.

I said I wasn’t going to do it but I decided to listen to my podcast with Jimmy.


Jimmy is one of my Miami Ad friends. He’s a very talented art director and a really fun friend to have anddddd he has a very lovely podcast called “The Saucy Sauce Show.” It details his journey in advertising: the people he meets, a little bit about them, a lot about the field we work in. I’ve been tuning in as he interviews a lot of my advertising friends…and this week I was the special GUEST WOO HOO!!

I drank a bunch of wine during it while I detailed how I came to be a copywriter, a little bit about Sons of Anarchy and the Bachelor, and a lot of good little discussions about the craaazzzyyy world of advertising.

We had a lot of fun…and it cracks me up that it is listed as “explicit” on itunes. So, if you feel like it you should definitely check it out!

P.s I said I wasn’t going to swear on it but I failed. Obv.

Here’s the link guiiisseee. Check it out. EXCEPT THE PHOTO IS SO GROSS I COULD KILL JIMMY! I don’t look like that. I refuse. That’s sick me. Not regular me. I pray. Omgomg.


Anyways, I’m off to france ya’lllllll and you’ll hear from me when I get back. I PROMISE!!!

Au revoir
xo tay

No comments:

Post a Comment